Here is our November Newsletter!
We have Indie Sellers Guild merch! Now available are a t-shirt, tote bag, and pack of stickers all with designs from your fellow ISG artists and selected with your feedback.
Buy for yourself to represent the Guild or as a gift this holiday season for family and friends who want to support creative indie sellers. You can bring awareness to the Guild, show off the work of your fellow indie artists, and help financially support the Guild all at the same time!
A special thank you to Worx Printing for being so helpful and patient as we set up our shop. They have been absolutely amazing to work with. Worx is a worker-owned union cooperative in the US, so you can shop knowing that everyone involved in printing our merch not only makes a decent wage but has a direct say in the company they work for.
Funds raised through our merchandise store will go directly to Guild operating costs, including:
- Legal consultations and fees
- Building the Marketplace Accreditation Program
- Setting up a new membership site with way more features
- First ISG virtual convention in April 2024 (more details coming soon!)
For every item purchased, the Guild receives $5. If just half of our membership buys only 1 item, we’ll fundraise enough to cover expenses for the next half year!
This Holiday Season:
We know the holiday season is the busiest time for many of our members. We have two ways to help you promote your business this holiday season.
- Let’s support ISG cross promotion! Often other indie sellers have items that compliment what we sell. By promoting each other everyone can get more exposure. Use the hashtag #isgholiday on posts you would like to be promoted by your fellow ISG members. Then other sellers can search for posts that will work with their business, and shoppers can use it to search for true handmade, vintage, and craft goods.
- We also have an ISG holiday share kit. We know the grind of posting consistently can get exhausting, especially when you are trying to get orders out for the holidays. Save yourself some time and use our holiday posts: we have posts for both Black Friday and Shop Small. And here are the Canva files if you want to edit them yourself.
In the works:
We are planning our first ISG virtual convention for April 2024! We plan to launch the Marketplace Accreditation Program AND our new membership site, as well as talk about how to break free from Etsy and generally fight back against online platforms’ monopoly power.
What do you want to see at the convention? Details and early bird registration coming soon!
What ISG needs right now:
We are in the final stretch of our Marketplace Accreditation survey! Please take the survey if you haven’t yet, and then use our share kit to spread the word. The more people who take the survey, the better and stronger our data. Survey closes December 1st.
Thank you so much for your support over the last year and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season!